WHAT ARE EYELASH EXTENSIONS?
Eyelash Extensions are lightweight, individual, synthetic lashes that are attached one by one to each natural eyelash. Different lengths, thicknesses and curls are used to create a look as natural or dramatic as you like. Perfect for special occasions and everyday wear.
HOW LONG DO EYELASH EXTENSIONS LAST?
When applied properly by a certified Eyelash Technician, Eyelash Extensions can last anywhere from 2-4 weeks. This will also depend on how you care for your lashes and the life of your natural lash. Due to the natural replenishing cycle of your own lashes, 2-3 weekly infills are required to keep your Eyelash Extensions looking beautiful and full.
HOW LONG DOES THE APPLICATION TAKE?
Eyelash extensions are a relaxing process, taking an average of 1-2.5 hours.
HOW DO I PREPARE FOR EYELASH EXTENSIONS?
Your eyelashes must be clean and clear of all makeup and oils. Be prepared to relax for 1-2 hours.
HOW DO I REMOVE EYELASH EXTENSIONS?
If for any reason you wish to have your lashes removed, please do not attempt to do this yourself. This will only damage your natural lashes and cause irritation to your eyes. You may return for a safe, non-damaging removal.
WHAT IS AN 'INFILL"?
After a few weeks of having eyelash extensions your lashes will start to fall out with their natural growth cycle. Infills are the procedure of applying new eyelash extensions to the new eyelashes that have grown.
HOW DO I TAKE CARE OF MY LASHES?
To ensure your lashes last as long as possible it is important to take good care of them by following these aftercare instructions:
- Wash your lashes daily with foaming lash shampoo (1/4 baby shampoo, ¾ water, ¼ tsp baking soda) – use upward strokes allowing the foam to clean between the lashes, rinse thoroughly with tepid water, then dry your lashes (a hairdryer on cool setting works well) then groom with a mascara wand. Remove stubborn eye makeup with a flocked applicator. Washing lashes daily ensures healthy eyes and lashes.
- Wash lashes on the first night of application – this is important to wash away any fumes created during the curing process and will reduce the chance of sensitivity reactions developing.
- For best results please avoid spas, tanning and steam for 48 hours – take care to avoid excess steam when showering, exercising and opening microwaves, ovens, dishwashers etc.
- Avoid oil-based products near your lashes as they can weaken the adhesive bond. Apply any moisturisers, serums etc. Sparingly near your lashes – blot away excess.
- Do not use waterproof mascara or perm/tint your lashes.
- Treat your lashes gently – no rubbing pulling and picking.